2011/10/24

AMERICA'S PLACE TO EAT







"I want you smoothered want you covered
Like my waffle house hash browns
Come quick like fed ex"


Just a part of the lyrics of a song called Ain't Nothing But Mammals by The Bloodhound Gang. It's all about a a restaurant chain founded in 1955 with over 1600 locations in 25 States in North America. Founded byJoe Rogers and Tom Forkner. Rogers had started as a short-order cook in 1947 at the Toddle House in New Haven, Ct. Rogers' concept was to marry the speed of fast food with table service and around the clock availability. Forkner suggested naming it Waffle House, as waffles were the most profitable item on the 16-item menu. Honestly I don't care that much about the history, but I will make detour if I know there is a Waffle House on my road trips.

No comments: